It’s Foodie Friday! Enjoy this AWESOME and SIMPLE Greek dinner.
• 2 lbs boneless-skinless chicken breast
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 3 T fresh lemon juice
• 1 T red wine vinegar
• 3 garlic cloves (minced)
• 2 tsp dried oregano
• ½ tsp dried basil
• ½ tsp dried thyme
• ½ tsp dried coriander
• 2 large bell peppers diced
• 3 zucchini sliced
• 1 red onion diced
• 1 medium cucumber (peeled and seeded), chopped into small
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup plain greek yogurt
• 1 garlic clove minced
• 1 T fresh lemon juice
• 1 T olive oil
• 1 T chopped parsley
• 1 T chopped fresh dill
1. Prepare the marinade (1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar,
garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, coriander and season with salt
and pepper to taste). Let chicken soak in the marinade for
about 2 hours.
2. Cut the chicken into pieces for the kebobs.
3. Toss the veggies in 2 T olive oil
4. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat
6. Thread the chicken pieces, peppers, zucchini and onions on the
7. Cook skewers for 7-9 minutes, until chicken is 165 degrees in
the center (turn after about 4 minutes).
Prepare the tzatizki sauce
1. Place chopped cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle with salt
(lightly) let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
2. Squeeze cucumbers in a paper towel to drain the excess water
then place in a food processor and pulse to chop fine
3. Pour cucumbers into a mixing bowl add Greek yogurt, garlic,
lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and dill and season with salt and
pepper to taste. Wisk all ingredients
4. Use over chicken kebabs and ENJOY!