Its Foodie Friday! Try this delicious chili option that can be made in the crock pot too. Set it and forget it.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 diced onion
• 2 diced Jalapeno peppers
• 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp oregano
• 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 15-oz can white beans
• 1 lb boneless-skinless organic chicken breast
• ½ cup quinoa
• 1 tbs lime juice
• 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup salsa verde
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add
onions and peppers. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cumin and cook for about 1 minute
3. Add broth, salsa verde, chicken, beans, quinoa, oregano,
and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked and
quinoa is tender. About 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove chicken, shred or dice, and return to the soup and
add in lime juice and cilantro.
*Crock pot option: place all ingredients in crock pot expect
lime juice and cilantro and cook on low for 6-8 hours.